Started in the Bay Area. Been working in PR for 11 years -- enterprise and consumer tech -- and have lived in a rural town in Idaho since 1998. By day I live the scrambled and fast-paced life of a comms consultant with a firm in Silicon Valley. The rest of the time I'm just a flip flop-wearin' wife and mom to two kids in a town where you have to hunt down the rare wireless connection, the only highway is two lanes, and the post office workers know me by name.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Things I learned at Blogher…a preliminary list from the hollow corner of my processing brain.




Real women don’t eat danish

Just when you think that you’ve already surrounded yourself with your closest friends, you can find more

It’s great to think and talk, but it’s also important to DO

It’s obvious, but I’ll still say it; all women have something very valuable to say and contribute

The # of Bloghims at Blogher is growing

If you’re going to schedule a politics talk with members of the McCain/Obama camps, you better book a BIG room

Women LOVE their swag, coffee and Sesame Street

There were some amazingly brave women at Blogher08

Oh, and real women don’t eat danish

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun at BlogHer--it was great to meet you!

Fabulously40 said...

I had a great time too. There were so many women there it was almost overwhelming, but i am so glad I went. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Thank goodness for that guy Rud (or whatever his name was) that got us waters in the empty conference room!! I almost died of thirst from walking up and down the stairs!

Anonymous said...

Always great to see you, RBM. You have the ability to create a party where there is no party. Plus, your outlandish sense of humor is much-needed in the blogosphere!

-- LTV Mom