Started in the Bay Area. Been working in PR for 11 years -- enterprise and consumer tech -- and have lived in a rural town in Idaho since 1998. By day I live the scrambled and fast-paced life of a comms consultant with a firm in Silicon Valley. The rest of the time I'm just a flip flop-wearin' wife and mom to two kids in a town where you have to hunt down the rare wireless connection, the only highway is two lanes, and the post office workers know me by name.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

It was only a few days!?


Last week I went away for a few days to spend some time in our SF office and also to attend the BlogHer08 conference. When I came back I could have sworn that my son grew two inches and my daughter was three years older.

Okay, maybe that’s a little bit of an exaggeration. But for reals, they were doing things they weren’t doing before I left.

My daughter was chewing gum (YES, it was sugar free).

My son can fill his glass with water from the fridge now with absolutely no assistance at all.

My daughter was brushing her own hair after her showers.

My son now wants and asks to go fishing (a lot).

These may seem trivial, but over the course of their little lives I haven’t really missed any milestones by being away. I wouldn’t call chewing gum a milestone, per se, but it’s amazing to me just how quickly these beautiful little people change.