Started in the Bay Area. Been working in PR for 11 years -- enterprise and consumer tech -- and have lived in a rural town in Idaho since 1998. By day I live the scrambled and fast-paced life of a comms consultant with a firm in Silicon Valley. The rest of the time I'm just a flip flop-wearin' wife and mom to two kids in a town where you have to hunt down the rare wireless connection, the only highway is two lanes, and the post office workers know me by name.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shel Silverstein 2.0(08)


Last night my daughter and I just finished the last poem from Shel Silverstein’s Falling Up. I’ve been waiting for ~20 years to have (a legitimate) reason to read Silverstein again. I L-O-V-E-D Where the Sidewalk Ends growing up. Until I started reading Judy Blume (Tales of a Forth Grade Nothing was a fave) Sidewalk was my favorite book.

My daughter, who will be five this Fall, loved Falling Up and now wants to start right back at the beginning and read it again. My next eBay Hunt (a favorite pastime of mine) will be for a good looking edition of Where the Sidewalk Ends.

I would love suggestions for other books to engage our daughter too. Suggestions from the potato gallery?

No comments: