Started in the Bay Area. Been working in PR for 11 years -- enterprise and consumer tech -- and have lived in a rural town in Idaho since 1998. By day I live the scrambled and fast-paced life of a comms consultant with a firm in Silicon Valley. The rest of the time I'm just a flip flop-wearin' wife and mom to two kids in a town where you have to hunt down the rare wireless connection, the only highway is two lanes, and the post office workers know me by name.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Summer TV Sucks but...


...there are a few highlights for the RBM.


Grey's Anatomy reruns are still going (on ABC and Lifetime on Sundays). Considering I tried being an anti-bandwagoner and didn't start watching the series until the 2nd half of this season, this is good news for me. Yay for smutty brain candy.


Entourage has a good twist this season w the demise of Vince's fortune and the somewhat separate storyline for Ari. You just love to hate Ari. And, even though Drama has a sucessful series now, he still has heinous luck -- that has to be karma for his HM ways.


John from Cincinnati is a trip and I've told myself I don't care if I watch it again but I keep feeling compelled to watch again, and am even anxious for the next one. It's mysteriously intriguing. Even though the intrigue is not engaging, the very intense characters are. Also, I think I keep tuned in to figure out who, exactly, the main cast includes because it's got a solid ensemble -- and then they keep adding more (like the Doc in the last episode, who I feel will be around for a while).


Drive Thru - Caribbean. Those silly surfer boys are at it again. My fave is Benji. They're all real, but Benji seems the most "even" wrt being a normal person (normal is subjective of course). And, he freakin' cracks me up - I still have the image of him riding the ostrich from last season and it makes me chuckle every time. I liked Pat this trip more than I did in South Africa, he seems to be more comfortable this time around. And, you gotta get a kick out of Donovan every time. The dude is chronic chill.


Thank all that's holy for the Giants (even though they're NLW cellar dwellers right now).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't Mock smutty brain candy re Grey's Anatomy. Even though my med-school friends say "It's not quite like that..." (Kind of what my law-school friends said about Ally McBeal).
However: McDreamy, McSteamy, McVet... My Monday nights just wouldn't be the McSame without them.

Amy Bell said...

The NSE nifty and the BSE sensex are the most sought after markets in the Indian context and when you receive stock market tips from your firm via SMS or email; you just need to act quickly to make certain that you are gaining an inherent edge over your fellow investors. This is one example of how many different things in life can go wrong due to a lack of having a plan. But craze for diamond rings with a touch of gold continues to remain in trend with new designs emerge in the jewellery market.