Started in the Bay Area. Been working in PR for 11 years -- enterprise and consumer tech -- and have lived in a rural town in Idaho since 1998. By day I live the scrambled and fast-paced life of a comms consultant with a firm in Silicon Valley. The rest of the time I'm just a flip flop-wearin' wife and mom to two kids in a town where you have to hunt down the rare wireless connection, the only highway is two lanes, and the post office workers know me by name.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

My own inconvenient truth


A client oh-so-kindly (not really) revealed to me the origins of my favorite treat (via pie chart no less).


While I am surprised I don’t have a snout, horns and hooves by now, I think this may have done the trick to rid me of this bad habit.
Addition: After my mom sent me a note thinking the ingredients in the pie chart went into Red Bull, I thought I should clarify. These are the ingredients that make up gelatin, and which hold together my previously-precious gummy bear and worm treats.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - that's gross! First I drop meat from my diet due to recent news stories and now you have me dropping gummy bears. Which, by the way, I think of you, every time I have them.

Anonymous said...

Isn't fried pig skin marketed to people as a chip substitute?!

You apparently got over the grossness of gnawing on the side of a cow to chow on your beloved ribs, so I think you can overcome this lovely pie chart. Long live jello and gummy treats!

Anonymous said...

Uhh, I think I just vomited a little in my mouth. Ack! Why does everything good have to be so baaaad?!