Started in the Bay Area. Been working in PR for 11 years -- enterprise and consumer tech -- and have lived in a rural town in Idaho since 1998. By day I live the scrambled and fast-paced life of a comms consultant with a firm in Silicon Valley. The rest of the time I'm just a flip flop-wearin' wife and mom to two kids in a town where you have to hunt down the rare wireless connection, the only highway is two lanes, and the post office workers know me by name.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

In case anyone wanted to know


Found this draft and thought I'd post, although it's a little tardy.

Took the kids to see Wall-E and there was some good and some bad. The good part was that the kids wolfed down a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a bag of carrot sticks by the close of the previews. Then, we lasted about 20 minutes into Wall-E before the kids looked at me pleadingly and asked to leave.

In my opinion, the lack of dialogue and effort one must put in to follow the nuances of the robots’ “body language” was just too tough for toddlers. I wasn’t entirely surprised, and knew it had been a gamble. Luckily, the theater I went to gave me three rain check coupons so we could try again with a different movie. And, of course we will. They have a movie goober for a mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see several parallels in my own trip to see Wall-E. I think Joe looked at me pleadingly within 15 minutes, but unlike your food chronology, we were at a theater that serves real food and were waiting for it to arrive so couldn't leave. We have yet to recommend the movie to anyone. Yes, we got the message (our heads hurt we'd been so clobbered with The Message), but what a waste of one of our few trips to the movies this summer!