Started in the Bay Area. Been working in PR for 11 years -- enterprise and consumer tech -- and have lived in a rural town in Idaho since 1998. By day I live the scrambled and fast-paced life of a comms consultant with a firm in Silicon Valley. The rest of the time I'm just a flip flop-wearin' wife and mom to two kids in a town where you have to hunt down the rare wireless connection, the only highway is two lanes, and the post office workers know me by name.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Amercan Idol Debate


In a recent post one of my fave bloggers (with a Double Life of her own) throws the chips on the table for Melinda Doolittle to win American Idol.

Lakisha and Melinda are absolutely talented without a doubt. However, for some reason, I also find them boring (in the nicest way possible). If I were to pick the winner right now, based on talent, uniqueness and star quality, I'd pick Blake.

Just for fun, here's the link to the "Laundromat" Ford commercial that appeared on last week's results show. It was one of the persuaders pushing me to think Blake may arrive in the finals (which, let's face it, is practically the same thing as winning - read: Clay Aiken, Katherine McPhee, etc.).

Now if he could just keep the beat boxing down a little bit...

3 comments:

SDCrawford said...

Don't forget that Gina could sneak into the top 5 - she's got enough talent and is much more marketable than Lakisah or Melinda. I think they are much better singers but really, who's gonna buy that album. If they win they fade away like Fantasia B.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were a "Blaker Girl". I think you should work on your beat-boxing.

RedBullMom said...

Poor Gina won't be in this week's episode. I can't believe Sanjaya is still there over her!! Even more so, that he was not even in the bottom three. What he heeeellll??!!